PhD positions are available in our group each year, usually starting in October. If you are interested in doctoral studies in the group then please get in touch as early as possible. An application should consist of your CV (2 page max) including grades and research experience and the names of two referees.
Applicants should have an honours degree (at least II.1 or equivalent) in chemistry, materials science or other relevant discipline.
Please note that if you wish to be considered for internal funding sources from the University of Cambridge, the deadline for applications is December each year. Early contact is advised!
Open positions will appear here when available.
We are happy to support talented researchers to apply for independent research fellowships to join the group at any time. Please contact us with sufficient time in advance of the a deadline (2-3 months) to discuss your application.
Potential funding sources:
- Herchel Smith Fellowships
- Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships
- Marie Curie fellowships
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 fellowships
- Newton International Fellowships
- Ramsay Memorial Fellowships
- Irish Research Council Caroline fellowships (for Irish researchers)
- DFG, DAAD and Feodor Lynen fellowships (for German researchers)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (for Swiss researchers)
- Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (for Japanese researchers)
- Chinese Scholarship Council (for Chinese researchers)
- Schlumberger Foundation (for female researchers from developing countries)